Monday 18 January 2010

Jesus Today

What follows are the words of Silver Birch, that great teacher from the world of spirit who manifested through the mediumship of British trance medium Maurice Barbanel. He describes what Jesus, who he refers to as the Nazarene, is doing in the spirit world.

Silver Birch always suspended his sittings for a few weeks twice a year so that he could attend conferences of spirit guides in the spirit world that are presided over by the Nazarene. At one sitting he said,

“This is the greatest pleasure of all, to which I look forward with eager anticipation, when I can become my real self just for a short while and enjoy what is my rightful heritage, to mix with those I have known so well, so long, and to taste life as it is understood only in those spheres where reality is known by those who have spiritual discernment from years of progress and evolution. I do not speak egotistically. You who live in the world of matter, you who are restricted to five crude senses, you whose spirits are imprisoned in a physical body, you who are limited, you who know not the boundless joys of a freed spirit, you who only know life through its five prison bars, you do not yet realise what life means. You do not know how the spirit, when it finds itself, has the freedom to enjoy all the beauties of the Great Spirit that belong to the higher self and deeper consciousness.”

“I go back to my own, to those with whom I have been for many centuries, to taste the life that I knew for so long, that I have willingly abandoned to serve you all. I would not be truthful if I did not say that on this occasion I look forward with joy to all that is in store. As you know, this is our greatest festival of all, when a mighty concourse of all beings, of all races, of all nationalities, all the servers and labourers in the many fields and in many lands, meet to compare their progress. I cannot describe it because there is no language. All the beauties that you have imagined in your greatest moments of inspiration pale into unimportant insignificance beside the reality which is ours on these occasions.”

“The greatest joy of all is to make contact again with the Nazarene – not the Nazarene of the Churches, not the being who has been misrepresented and exalted and deified into an inaccessible and remote position, but the great human spirit who only seeks to inspire service, who wishes to share his greatness with all who decide to serve his Father and our Father.”

No comments:

Post a Comment