Tuesday 6 October 2009

Farewell USA


My apologies to you all that my blogs have been few and far between recently. From next week I hope to resume daily contributions.

Today I leave the USA after two and a bit wonderful months working with my spirit friends, making new friends here and re-cementing old friendships. It has really been a fantastic experience for me. People have been so kind, I have been privileged to see some really beautiful parts of this marvelous country and the willingness and enthusiasm of students everywhere has been most rewarding for me.

My spirit friends have been so close and it is as though on each step of the journey my links with them grew stronger. I was often astonished with the information I was given to pass on to people from their loved ones in spirit and I truly believe that between us we were able to bring much comfort and upliftment to many individuals. I thank the Great Spirit for keeping me well and strong and for bringing me so many unexpected joys.

It will be good to return home to my family, even though I have enjoyed my trip so much. They have been very patient, understanding and supportive and without that I could not have done as much as I did. As I contemplate home from a hot and sunny Florida, the words of that old poem "Home" return to me:

"Home's not merely four square walls,
Though with pictures hung and gilded,
Home is where affection calls,
Filled with treasures the heart has builded."

I am so looking forward to experiencing those treasures once more and to continuing work on my writing. I have a journal to produce for The International Spiritualist Federation and I am half way through editing my latest book "The Keepsake." However the memories of my trip and the friendships I have made and strengthened here, will continue to bring a warm glow making my life in Rio even more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment