Friday 23 January 2009

Cherokee Feast of Days

If I could lay before you the dearest gift
This morning, it would be a time of no beginning
And no end. It would be life filled with good health
And peace and inner joy that can only come from
The Spirit.

You would quietly refine your thoughts
And words so that you never draw to you anything
But the finest. You would rest deeply and breathe in
Sweet peace. You would know the tremendous dif-
ference between the material and the spiritual--
Turning from anger and frustration to a safe haven
Of love.

You would always be the most loyal
Friend--not to me but to yourself. All the issues of
Life rise out of the heart--so this is a gift from heart
To heart.


I have expressed my heart to you. I have nothing to
Take back.

~ CHIEF JOSEPH
NEZ PERCE

No comments:

Post a Comment